Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First post from the cove!

so I have been at Covecrest for a total of 2 days now and as the second day is closing and the 3rd is coming soon I am finding my heart in a complete state of peace. Being here with all my brothers and sisters from my summer staff from last year is a plus! but God is definitely shows up at this place. Currently me and my family are just hanging out listening to music throwing a frisbee around in the main room and I was playing with them for a while, but i just decided to kind of soak it all in!

We had adoration tonight and i think i realized something really important.
Lately I have been feeling so stuck in my relationship with the Lord. I haven't been feeling his providential grace that i was so blessed with coming down from the mountain last summer. and i really wasn't sure why this was happening. Even when i would go to the chapel I received no fruits from my visits and felt like I was wasting my time....i know that there is grace received from a chapel visit, but I never could dive in. I guess I have been stuck like this since January when I got back from mission. However tonight during my time in the chapel while i was journaling I realized how often I lose sight of the Lord in my day to day life.
I am not growing in relationship with him because I don't make an effort to grow in that relationship with him! DUH ERIN! like really I amaze myself sometimes! I think about when he has been most evident in my life it has been the times where my prayer life is where it should be and when i have actually been making an effort for our relationship!

so i wrote this a while back and am just posting it now but yea here you go.
next will be stuff from work week....which we are not in anymore, but i'm doing the best that i can

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment